The October 31st, 2017 edition of WWE SmackDown takes place at the Norfolk Scope Arena in Norfolk, VA and is the next stop on the road to Survivor Series. Keep refreshing this page for live results starting at 8 PM ET and comment with your thoughts!
– Tom Phillips is back on the job this week, flanked by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton at the broadcast table.
– Greg Hamilton introduces SmackDown Comissioner Shane McMahon, who comes out to kick off the show. He talks about RAW’s upcoming 25th anniversary milestone, and he has a chip on his shoulder about people looking down at SmackDown. He says they’ve been trying to change the perception about SmackDown being the #2 show, but it wasn’t enough. He says attacking RAW was the best way to make a statement, and he thanks all of the fans for their support. The crowd chants for Shane as he goes on talking about Survivor Series. Shane reveals that he will be the team captain for SmackDown in the eight-man tag at Survivor Series, facing Kurt Angle and his RAW team. Shane says that is then, but this is now, and it’s time to get the show started with a two of three falls match.
— WWE (@WWE) November 1, 2017
– Best of 3 Falls Match: Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler: Ziggler takes control early on after a stare-down. Roode comes back and blocks a dropkick, he attempts the Glorious DDT, but Ziggler escapes. Roode keeps the pressure on Ziggler and hits a blockbuster for a two count. Roode lays into Ziggler with chops to the chest, then tosses him outside. Roode follows him out, and the two brawl around ringside. The ref counts and they roll back in the ring, where Ziggler immediately hits a superkick for the three count and the first fall of the match. Roode picks up the second fall of the match after sending Ziggler head-first into the ring post, then rolling him up for the three count. It’s now 1-1. They trade blows in the middle of the ring, then Ziggler attempts a Fame-asser but misses. Roode drops Ziggler then goes for the Glorious DDT, but Ziggler escapes. Ziggler and Roode trade pin attempts until Ziggler hits a DDT of his own and both men are down. The two brawl around the ring until Roode fires up with a spinebuster on the former Spirit Squad member. Roode goes to follow up with the Glorious DDT, but Ziggler escapes again and this time counters with the Zig Zag for a two count. Ziggler goes for a superkick, but Roode evades it and they trade more pin attempts. Roode finally hits the Glorious DDT on Ziggler and pins for the three count to win the match. Roode will be going on to join Team SmackDown at Survivor Series.
Winner: Bobby Roode
– After the match, Roode does an in-ring interview where he says RAW is going down at the pay-per-view.
– The broadcast team hypes up Nakamura vs. Owens later tonight.
Keep refreshing this page for live results starting at 8 PM ET and comment with your thoughts!