WWE RAW Supershow Results 3/26/12
- Tonight’s WWE RAW Supershow opens up with Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. They hype the confrontation between John Cena and The Rock tonight.
Randy Orton and Sheamus vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton to a nice pop. His partner Sheamus is out next followed by World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan with AJ Lee. The pyro goes off next and out comes Kane.
Bryan starts things off with Orton. Orton takes control and starts stomping on Bryan while he’s down. Orton misses the knee drop and Bryan fights him back into the corner. Sheamus gets the tag in but Bryan runs away and tags in Kane. Kane works Sheamus over for a 2 count. Kane runs into a boot in the corner. Sheamus comes down from the top with a shoulder and covers for a 1 count. Sheamus gets distracted by Bryan and knocked out of the ring by Kane. Bryans off the apron and hits Sheamus with a knee to the head. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is working Sheamus over in the corner. Sheamus side steps and Bryan goes down. Orton tags in and hits a pair of clotheslines on Bryan. Orton with the power slam. Orton hits the second rope draping DDT and preps for the RKO. Kane pulls Bryan out of the ring. Orton runs to the floor and fires away on Kane with right hands. Orton slams Kane’s head into the ring post but gets dropkicked by Bryan.
Kane comes in now and takes Orton to the corner with elbows to the head. Kane whips Orton across the ring and clotheslines him for a 2 count. Kane keeps control and hits a big sideslam for a 2 count. Kane climbs to the top and comes down with a clothesline on Orton. Kane calls for the chokeslam but Orton dropkicks him. Sheamus and Bryan tag in with Sheamus taking control. Kane and Orton end up on the floor. Orton goes head first into the ring post and goes down. In the ring, AJ gets in between Sheamus and Bryan and stops Sheamus. Sheamus misses a Brogue Kick and chokeslammed by Kane. Bryan takes advantage and covers Sheamus for the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
- More hype for Rock vs. Cena before going back to commercial.
- Back from commercial and Michael Cole is wearing a Team Laurinaitis shirt in the ring. He says he’s the official commentator for the team. He introduces John Laurinaitis who comes out to the stage. Laurinaitis has his official flag bearer – Vickie Guerrero. He introduces his captain David Otunga next and they head to the ring.
Booker T stands up next and introduces Teddy Long. Long brings out his captain – WWE United States Champion Santino Marella. Santino comes out with their flag bearer – Hornswoggle.
Santino Marella vs. David Otunga
Santino and Otunga go at it. Santino does his usual comedy. Otunga hits Santino from behind and lays him out. Otunga gets the Team Laurinaitis flag from Vickie and waves it around in the ring. Hornswoggle comes in and starts waving the Team Teddy flag. Otunga takes it from him and chases him out of the ring. Otunga turns around to the Cobra from Santino for the pin.
Winner: Santino Marella
- After the match, Long and Laurinaitis come in the ring. Teddy shoves Laurinaitis down. Santino comes from behind on Laurinaitis but before he can strike, The Miz runs in and lays Santino out with a Skull Crushing Finale. The Miz is announced as the final member of Team Laurinaitis.
- Still to come tonight, CM Punk vs. Christian. Up next is a look at the “End of an Era” match. Back to commercial.
- We get another video for John Cena vs. The Rock.
- A nice video package looking at The Undertaker vs. Triple H airs.
Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly
We go to the ring and out comes Eve Torres. She’s accompanied by Divas Champion Beth Phoenix. Back to commercial. Kelly Kelly gets the win after a roll-up.
Winner: Kelly Kelly
- We see WWE Champion CM Punk walking backstage. His match with Christian is after commercial.
Christian vs. CM Punk
Christian comes out first followed by WWE Champion CM Punk. Chris Jericho appears on the big screen and calls Punk’s attention. Jericho runs down Punk’s family again and says he has some new information. Jericho has learned some facts about Punk’s mother. Jericho says she’s a nice, kind woman with no vices at all. Jericho says Punk’s parents got married after he was born so he is a bastard. Christian attacks from behind and here we go.
Christian works Punk over and throws hi to the floor. Christian follows and Punk turns it around. Punk is pissed and slams Christian’s face repeatedly into the announcers table. Punk unloads with elbows to the chest as the referee tells him to stop. Punk drops Christian’s face over the steel steps next and he’s out. Punk applies the Anaconda Vice on the floor and yells to Jericho as officials try to get him to break the hold. Punk finally breaks it and holds the WWE Title high as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the announcers report that Christian may have re-injured his neck.
Brodus Clay vs. Curt Hawkins
We go to the ring and out come the Funkettes followed by Brodus Clay. Clay and his dancers dance as Curt Hawkins looks on from ringside.
Hawkins makes a good effort early on but Clay drops him with a headbutt. Clay hits a few moves followed by the suplex and the big splash for the win.
Winner: Brodus Clay
- We get another video for Rock vs. Cena.
Big Show vs. Epico
Back from the break and out comes Big Show. His opponent Primo is out next with tag team partner Epico and Rosa Mendes.
It’s announced by Michael Cole that Christian has been pulled from Team Laurinaitis due to injury. Big Show gets the win over Epico despite interference.
Winner: Big Show
- After the match, Cody Rhodes comes out and runs down Big Show and talks about their WrestleMania 28 match.
- Backstage and Zack Ryder is with The Bella Twins talking about the big WrestleMania match. Eve Torres walks up and was hoping Ryder would stay at her hotel for WrestleMania. Eve says they can celebrate after WrestleMania and walks off.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with CM Punk. Punk says his whole family is in a good spot now. He says his sister is off limits and what Jericho said about his mother is a lie. Punk says he is not a bastard…. he’s the best wrestler in the world.
- Mark Henry and The Great Khali are shown walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. The Great Khali
Back from commercial and out comes Mark Henry with John Laurinaitis. Drew McIntyre is announced as Christian’s replacement. Teddy Long ans The Great Khali are out next and here we go. They go at it for a minute before Khali drops Henry with a huge chop. Henry manages to scoop Khali and hit him with a World’s Strongest Slam for the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
- After the match, Laurinaitis rolls Long into the ring where Henry bullies him. Team Laurinaitis blocks the ring and stops members of Team Long from getting in. Kofi makes it in the ring but Henry hits him with a World’s Strongest Slam. Henry goes to lay out Teddy but Booker T gets in the ring and makes the save. Teddy offers Booker the final spot on Team Long at WrestleMania and he accepts.
- We get another video for Rock vs. Cena.
- Back from commercial and out comes The Rock to a big pop from the fans in Atlanta.
The Rock hits the ring and is met with a few boos from the crowd. Rock talks about WrestleMania 20 and people always asking him when is he coming back to WWE. Rock says he didn’t know when he was coming back until last year, WrestleMania 27, when The Rock went down to Georgia. He talks about hitting the Rock Bottom on Cena and that’s when he knew the wait was over. Rock talks about how the next night, in this very arena, they announced the WrestleMania 28 main event. Rock says history was made because of the fans.
Rock brings up John Cena and the crowd boos his name. Rock talks about how Cena has become the heartbeat of WWE and one of the biggest stars ever. Rock says Cena has never faced anyone like The Rock before. The Rock goes on but is interrupted by Cena’s music. Out comes Cena to another mixed reaction.
Cena hits the ring and predicts the crowd at WrestleMania will boo him just like this crowd. Cena says Rock is just half-right – Rock will never see anything like Cena again. Cena goes on and uses a penis joke that he’s used before. Some of the crowd chants Cena sucks now. Cena says he rises above and he always wins. Cena says his haters know what he knows – that he will win at WrestleMania 28. Cena says it again and there’s a mixed reaction from the crowd. Cena throws out that he’s been an active member of WWE for longer than Rock has. Cena says sure, Rock was a big star in the Attitude era but Cena has been here when it wasn’t so cool to be a WWE star. Cena says he is always here no matter what and this is what he loves.
Cena says people know he means what he says. Cena brings up The Rock in GI Joe this summer. Cena says his life doesn’t change after WrestleMania – it’s still WWE. Cena says he will be god damned if Rock comes in as a visitor and takes Cena’s life from him. Cena says nobody remembers second place and that’s why he has to win at WrestleMania. Cena says he has to win this match more than anything in his entire life. Rock says he knows how important the match is to Cena. Rock says it’s just as important to him. Rock says the people know he’s no god damned visitor of WWE. Rock says he helped build Cena’s house. Rock says the people know Cena has never had an opponent he couldn’t overcome until now. The people know it’s more than just history making to Rock. The people know that Rock has come back to beat Cena, he says. Rock says that’s what drives him. Rock says no man can say he walked into WrestleMania to defeat Hulk Hogan, John Cena and Steve Austin. Rock says he needs to bat Cena to become the greatest WWE Superstar of all-time. On a personal level, Rock says he just doesn’t like Cena. Rock says he will give Cena the ass whooping he needs. The people know it. The crowd chants for Rock now.
Cena mocks Rock and says it doesn’t matter. Cena goes on and says he will whip The Rock’s ass at WrestleMania. They come face to face and RAW goes off the air with the two having words.